Funded through contracts with non-profit agencies, sponsored via the HeART It Forward Scholarship Fund, & offered as Karma Offerings from Nikki
𝙍𝙀𝙂𝙄𝙎𝙏𝙍𝘼𝙏𝙄𝙊𝙉 𝙞𝙨 𝙊𝙋𝙀𝙉 & Ongoing! Everyone 16yrs+ is welcome!
The Virtual Art Hive Open Studio is a 𝗙𝗥𝗘𝗘 community space for all kinds of people to come together and make art. As a participant, you decide what art you want to work on – bring a project of your own, follow the weekly theme, or create spontaneous art – the choice is yours! An Art Hive Open Studio is a safe space where everyone is welcomed as artists, beginners as well as those with experience. We believe that creating art is inherently human; within the Art Hive Open Studio, each participant just becomes a human creating alongside another human, fostering community and friendships.
Weekly// Wednesdays 10am-12pm
Began August 12th, 2020
𝗩𝗶𝗿𝘁𝘂𝗮𝗹 𝗖𝗶𝗿𝗰𝗹𝗲, Pre-registration is a must – 𝗥𝗲𝗴𝗶𝘀𝘁𝗿𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻 𝗢𝗣𝗘𝗡 – Contact Nikki to register!
Online OR Offline engagement – no commitment to attending the Online Hive required! You can log in when/if it works for your schedule, or you can receive the weekly theme via email, and make the art on your own time and at your own pace! If you feel like sharing, we have a community Art Hive Facebook group set up! Join us!
Questions? Want to sign up? Send Nikki an email!
The Art Hive Open Studio’s Intentions are:
• To offer the community a respectful space in which all people are recognized as artists in their own right.
• To promote the integration of art in everyday life as a tool for personal and collective fulfillment, and to highlight the mental health benefits of engaging in the creative process.
• To promote knowledge sharing between participants; every member is both teacher and student.
• To promote an appreciation for relational interdependence, where everyone in the community is seen to have valuable skills and resources to share with each other. We believe all humans are inherently wealthy with creative capacity; (i.e. ideas, inspiration, kindness, vulnerabilities, skills, and other resources).
• To promote art as a tool for raising awareness of social, environmental, and economic issues.Get excited! Share with your friends!
Dark of the Moon ~ MOON TEMPLE – FREE, ONLINE, SELF DIRECTED
For a third year, this online, monthly Temple is offered at NO COST as a way to give back to the community. It is entirely self directed, and you are welcome to utilize any and all of your contemplative and reflective traditions.
Spirit journeying, meditation, art making, journaling… Only to name a few.
New for 2021! In addition to the email sign up, I will be posting the Monthly Invitation on Haven’s website, so that there are more ways for participants to engage with the material. This is in response to the feedback I received upon my inquiry, as well as influence from Spirit.
A closed Facebook group is offered for sharing and community.
See the post https://ourhaven.ca/2019/03/20/moon-temple/ for details.
Individual Art Therapy
– Online, 𝙉𝙤 𝘾𝙤𝙨𝙩
Limited space for new clients – Invitation for Agency Referrals!
Individual Art Therapy sessions are for those who require more individual focused art psychotherapy to address particular issues, which would occur in one-to-one sessions. (virtual).
These individuals may have found verbal therapies and counselling inadequate in the past, and would benefit from therapy that helps them bypass inner talk that monitors and judges verbal expression. As well, they may be individuals that would benefit from being able to access, express, and release stored emotions and experiences that they may not be able to express in words.
Clients do not need art making experience or skills to participate in the program.
Agency referrals are required for Individual Art Therapy. (clients must be 16 years +).
Contact: Art Therapist Nikki Featherstone, RCAT
~ Funded through the 𝙁𝙞𝙣𝙙𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙒𝙚𝙡𝙡𝙣𝙚𝙨𝙨 𝙏𝙝𝙧𝙤𝙪𝙜𝙝 𝘼𝙧𝙩 𝙥𝙧𝙤𝙜𝙧𝙖𝙢 𝙬𝙞𝙩𝙝 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝘾𝙖𝙣𝙖𝙙𝙞𝙖𝙣 𝙈𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙖𝙡 𝙃𝙚𝙖𝙡𝙩𝙝 𝘼𝙨𝙨𝙤𝙘𝙞𝙖𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣 – 𝙀𝙖𝙨𝙩, 𝘾𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙧𝙖𝙡