Funded through contracts with non-profit agencies, sponsored via the HeART It Forward Scholarship Fund, & offered as Karma Offerings from Nikki
FINAL MONTH! The pilot program is ENDING November 24th, 2021!
𝙍𝙀𝙂𝙄𝙎𝙏𝙍𝘼𝙏𝙄𝙊𝙉 𝙞𝙨 𝙊𝙋𝙀𝙉 & Ongoing! Everyone 16yrs+ is welcome!
The Virtual Art Hive Open Studio is a 𝗙𝗥𝗘𝗘 community space for all kinds of people to come together and make art. As a participant, you decide what art you want to work on – bring a project of your own, follow the weekly theme, or create spontaneous art – the choice is yours! An Art Hive Open Studio is a safe space where everyone is welcomed as artists, beginners as well as those with experience. We believe that creating art is inherently human; within the Art Hive Open Studio, each participant just becomes a human creating alongside another human, fostering community and friendships.
Weekly// Wednesdays 10am-12pm
Began August 12th, 2020
𝗩𝗶𝗿𝘁𝘂𝗮𝗹 𝗖𝗶𝗿𝗰𝗹𝗲, Pre-registration is a must – 𝗥𝗲𝗴𝗶𝘀𝘁𝗿𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻 𝗢𝗣𝗘𝗡 – Contact Nikki to register!
Online OR Offline engagement – no commitment to attending the Online Hive required! You can log in when/if it works for your schedule, or you can receive the weekly theme via email, and make the art on your own time and at your own pace! If you feel like sharing, we have a community Art Hive Facebook group set up! Join us!
Questions? Want to sign up? Send Nikki an email!
The Art Hive Open Studio’s Intentions are:
• To offer the community a respectful space in which all people are recognized as artists in their own right.
• To promote the integration of art in everyday life as a tool for personal and collective fulfillment, and to highlight the mental health benefits of engaging in the creative process.
• To promote knowledge sharing between participants; every member is both teacher and student.
• To promote an appreciation for relational interdependence, where everyone in the community is seen to have valuable skills and resources to share with each other. We believe all humans are inherently wealthy with creative capacity; (i.e. ideas, inspiration, kindness, vulnerabilities, skills, and other resources).
• To promote art as a tool for raising awareness of social, environmental, and economic issues.Get excited! Share with your friends!
Dark of the Moon ~ MOON TEMPLE – FREE, ONLINE, SELF DIRECTED
For a third year, this online, monthly Temple is offered at NO COST as a way to give back to the community. It is entirely self directed, and you are welcome to utilize any and all of your contemplative and reflective traditions.
Spirit journeying, meditation, art making, journaling… Only to name a few.
New for 2021! In addition to the email sign up, I will be posting the Monthly Invitation on Haven’s website, so that there are more ways for participants to engage with the material. This is in response to the feedback I received upon my inquiry, as well as influence from Spirit.
A closed Facebook group is offered for sharing and community.
See the post https://ourhaven.ca/2019/03/20/moon-temple/ for details.